1 Corinthians 1:13b-16
- There is nothing special about being baptized by a particular person.
- There is power to save in no other name but Jesus. (Acts 4:7-12 )
1 Corinthians 1:17-18
1 – The gospel has power.
- Power = the ability to effect great change and remove all obstacles from blocking the intended outcome.
2 – We can empty the gospel of its power.
- No one will ever be impressed or persuaded into the Kingdom.
- 1 Corinthians 2:1-5
- Paul was determined not to use any of the tricks or techniques of the secular culture to try to make the gospel seem more appealing.
- Romans 1:16-17
- Mark 8: 31-38
3 – People are perishing.
- John 3:17-18
- “Those who are perishing” are those who have not believed in Jesus.
4 – People are being saved.
- Romans 8:1
God doesn’t want you to perish.
- Ezekiel 18:23
- 1 Timothy 2:4
He is waiting for you to repent and believe.
- 2 Peter 3:9
- Romans 10:9-10
- Romans 10:13